Come to Bend To Enjoy the Great Indoors!
The BendFilm Festival is an independent film festival held in beautiful Bend, Oregon from Oct 6th to 9th, 2016.
Named one of the top 50 film fests by Movie Maker Magazine, this year will be the 13th annual BendFilm Festival. Below are just a few reasons why you should make plans now to attend!
- Watch independent feature films, documentaries and shorts
- Meet and support independent filmmakers
- Explore the high desert, mountain town of Bend, Oregon
Don’t Just Watch – Get an Insider’s View!
Whether you want an inside look into the film biz through filmmaker lectures and panels, introduce your kids to film making in our Future Filmmakers Program, or just want to relax and watch amazing independent films, the BendFilm Festival will leave you inspired and renewed!
Enjoy Unique Venues
One of the best features of the BendFilm Fest is the diverse atmosphere of theaters that will be showing the films, including:
- Tin Pan Theater – cozy art house
- McMenamins Old St. Francis School – historic schoolhouse turned brew pub
- Regal 16 – state of the art cinema with a high quality sound system
- Volcanic Theater Pub – hip artistic warehouse
- Tower Theatre – art deco, modern performance theater
Our unique venues will cater to all movie-goer preferences. Whether you spend your time here in Bend inside or outside, we know you’ll fall in love with our city.
Contact BendFilm hotel partners for comfortable, affordable and close-in hospitality!
Bend has a lot of visitors and sleeping arrangements can sometimes be hard to find. Make sure to book your hotel now. Whether you’re looking for a quaint bed’n’breakfast or a plush five star hotel, you can find just what you’re looking for!
- The Oxford Hotel
- Downtown Fairfield Inn & Suites Marriott
- Towne Place Suites Marriott
- Wall Street Suites
- Lavabelles Vacation Rentals
- McMenamins Old St. Francis School
- Downtown Double Tree by Hilton
Things to Do in Bend
Attending one of the best film festivals in the United States is just one reason to visit Bend, Oregon. With so much to do, it will be hard to choose whether to explore the great outdoors or stay in town to drink craft beer from the region’s 22 (and counting) breweries and enjoy Bend’s fine dining and entertainment scene.
If it’s shopping you’re looking for, we’ve got you covered. You can peruse quaint boutiques while sipping a latte downtown or hit up your favorite national clothing store and stop for lunch in the Old Mill District.
Enjoy a girl’s night out on the town tasting wine at Elixir or take a brewery tour on the Bend Ale Trail. Dine on some of Bend’s finest cuisine at the Drake restaurant. If you’re in the mood for something new, check out Joolz – an Eastern Mediterranean eatery with a Southwestern U.S. kick. To top it all off, grab a drink from the Bend distillery.
- Walk the Deschutes River Trail
- Get lost downtown in world-famous art galleries
- Relax in one of Bend’s finest spas
- Get outdoors and hike, road bike, mountain bike, kayak or canoe
Previous BendFilm Festival entries have appeared in some of the top independent film festivals in the US and the world including:
- Cannes Film Festival
- Los Angeles Film Festival
- Palm Springs Film Festival
- San Francisco Film Festival
- Seattle International Film Festival
- South by Southwest (SxSW) Film Festival
- Sundance Film Festival
- Telluride Film Festival
- Toronto International Film Festival
- Tribeca Film Festival
- Venice Film Festival