THE HUB @ At Liberty Arts Collective
Festival Headquarters October 10th – 14th, 2018
849 NW Wall Street
HUB Hours of Operation
Wednesday, October 10th – Noon to 7 PM (Box office only)
Thursday, October 11th – Noon to 9 PM (Pass pick-up starts)
Friday, October 12th – 9 AM to 8 PM
Saturday, October 13th – 9 AM to 8 PM
Sunday, October 14th – 9 AM to 2 PM
Important Ticket Access Dates (subject to change. Check back in August):
Sponsor & Members: September 6th
Full Festival Pass Buyers: September 13th
Full Film Pass Buyers: September 14th
All Advanced-Sale Ticket Buyers: September 15th
Before you start, take 2 minutes to watch the “How to Festival” video:
- This is my first time at a film festival! It’s basically like going to a ‘regular’ movie, right?
Sitting in a dark room, turning off your phone and being entertained? Check, check and double check. But film festivals are different because they’re much more of an experience. At our fest, you get to see films that you otherwise couldn’t because of Hollywood’s stranglehold on theaters. You get exclusive access to discover new filmmaking, acting talent AND you may just meet and talk to the filmmaker. You can either buy a pass, buy an advanced ticket online or just show up at the venue early and hope to get in with stand by. Read the rest of these FAQs for more information on those options. But rest assured, it’s as easy as seeing one of those ‘regular’ movies.
- If I purchased a pass, will I have a guaranteed seat at the films?
At BendFilm, we like to give everyone VIP treatment. Here’s how it works: You buy your pass. Yay!
- If you want guaranteed seats for all films – starting September 14th (Full Fest Passholders) or September 15th (Full Film Passholders), log on to our ticketing site (here) and reserve your tickets to all shows you may want to see. Then just make sure you show up 20 minutes (or earlier) prior to the show to be seated before non-passholders.
- I’m still not wrapping my head around this whole “pass holders show up 20 minutes prior to show” thing. Just give me the nutshell explanation, Professor BendFilm!
We’re really emphasizing this 20-minute seating window for passholders for a reason. Even if you have a pass, if you show up less than 20 minutes before showtime, you get put in the back of the line. Meaning, if there are a lot of ticket holders, you might not get a seat in the theater. 20 is the magic number to ensure you get priority seating.
- I bought a pass but didn’t reserve my tickets for films. Will I be shunned if I just show up?
We’re not much into the shunning business, so there’s still a chance! Pass holders without reserved tickets will be allowed into the theater 10 minutes before the movie starts if seats remain after all people holding tickets get in. BendFilm Festival showings do sell out– especially at our smaller venues–so you’ll have to contend with the possibility that the venues will fill up quick!
- The pass sounds good, but it’s a little spendy for my budget. What are my options if I don’t get a pass?
Fear not, the pass isn’t the only way to experience BendFilm. We make a limited number of tickets available online for $11 each starting September 19. But we understand commitment is hard. So if you don’t want to lock yourself in that far in advance, we start selling tickets for $10 each at the theater for all the seats that have yet to be filled. There’s a risk that a $10 seat might not be available, but as Steve Guttenberg always says, “No risk, no reward.”
- What happens when I show up later than 10 minutes before the movie starts?
Luckily, showing up late won’t ruin anything, but it will mean you get directed to the back of the line. It’s possible you’ll still get in to see the film, but you might be out of luck.
- I bought a ticket, showed up late and didn’t get in. Can I get my money back?
We are really sorry, but tickets are only eligible up to the ten-minutes-before mark. After that we won’t be able to give any refunds, so don’t do that to yourself, get there with time to spare!
- Do I have to print the tickets I reserved or bought online?
It’s always good to have paper proof of your ticket in case a disastrous sunspot wipes out all smartphones before your film starts. However, if you’re willing to take that risk, we can scan your ticket on your smart phone.
- What’s with this online account I’m creating? Are you going to sell all my info?
You’ve been online, right? You know the deal. Accounts allow you to log in, view your tickets, your film schedule and get up-to-the minute news. If you’re passholder, you must have an account to reserve seats for all films. If the thought of remembering another password gives you hives, you can always avoid the online ticket hassle and visit us at the HUB to purchase your tickets in person.
- I’m trying to buy a ticket online, but it says tickets are sold out. What can I do?
All is not lost! Get down to the venue early to be first in the “Standby Ticket” line. At the five-minute-to-showtime mark, if there are any empty seats, they’ll be made available to the lucky dogs in line and we’ll sell Standby Tickets until there aren’t any left. Usually, most people CAN get in this way, so don’t give up hope!
- Does cash still work?
Cash is king down at BendFilm! We’ll take your money anyway you want to give it to us and it’ll be a lot quicker at the venues and at the Hub.
- I bought a pass online. Now how do I get my fancy pass and lanyard after I buy it online?
Todd Looby might just personally parachute into your driveway to deliver it to you by hand. If that doesn’t happen (and, let’s face it, it probably won’t), you will receive instructions in your receipt on when and where you can pick up the pass.
- What do I do with my pass?
Wear it with pride! All the cool kids will be wearing their passes all weekend to show the rest of the world how awesome the festival is. It also gives you access to early seating at films, entrance to panels and parties, and tells the rest of the world that you are a person of incredible taste and intellect.
- I was having a blast with my pass but now I can’t find it. What should I do?
Come see as at the HUB. Not only are we great company, but we’ll see what we can do to get you fitted with a new one and out enjoying the fest again!
- I used my pass to see a film, but I didn’t care for the film. Can I use my pass to see a different film during the same time slot?
Sure! If there are seats available after everyone else is seated, go for it!
- “Parking is always easy to find and abundant, right?” “I get it, I have to be at the theater at a specific time if I want to make sure I get a seat. So I can just head over like 5 minutes before, right? Parking won’t be an issue….”
Hoowhee, we wish that was always the case! Make the festival easier and a lot more fun and stress free by leaving yourself lots of time to find parking (or ride a bike, take a shuttle or walk!) We recommend leaving your car in the City Parking Garage on Lava Street at Minnesota Avenue (map) where the daily rate $5. Parking is free on Sunday downtown and always free at the Old Mill District (for Regal Theatre screenings) and at the Century Center (for Volcanic Theatre Pub screenings).
- I still have a question about my festival experience and it wasn’t answered here.
Please contact us at email@example.com. We’ve been watching a ton of movies and crave human interaction!