Join the BendFilm team! Accepting applications through July 22, 2018.
Scope of Position:
The BendFilm Marketing and Development Manager works half-time in close coordination with and reports to the BendFilm Director. This position also coordinates closely with the entire BendFilm Board and Staff and is responsible for managing all aspects of sponsor, member, casual donor, and customer communication and engagement.
This position will design and create current and future donor communications for the purpose of strengthening relationships and increasing giving levels. The Marketing and Development Marketing will also develop and execute quarterly (minimum) intimate engagements with donors, working in close collaboration with the BendFilm Board and Staff.
BendFilm prefers the candidate be proficient in the design and execution of traditional program marketing activities such as social media platform management, public relations duties, crafting engaging newsletters, website updates, community outreach and graphic design as needed to create social media posts and website content. The right candidate will have the opportunity to expand this position to three-quarters time in July through October to manage festival-related communications and marketing.
- Work within guidelines set forth in BendFilm procedures.
- Stay current on BendFilm programs and events.
- Utilize knowledge and understanding of BendFilm’s mission in all areas.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in all areas of the office.
- Other duties as assigned.
DONOR COMMUNICATIONS (8-10 hours per week)
- Working with BendFilm Director and Board, communicate with existing sponsors and sponsor prospects to schedule meetings and develop sponsorship agreements. This includes working with BendFilm Director and Board to ensure Sponsor benefits are sufficient and provide recommendations based on feedback.
- Work with Downtown Bend, The Old Mill District, BendFilm Director to strengthen the “Business for BendFilm” initiative and guide advertising sales opportunities.
- Design and deliver member communications to encourage membership sign-ups and renewals. As above, this includes working with BendFilm Director and Board to ensure member benefits are sufficient.
- Design and execute major donor communications to strengthen relationship for the purpose of continued or increased donations.
- Identify current supporters (members, sponsors, Independent Women for Independent Film, Business for BendFilm participants, fundraiser attendees and casual donors) to engage at BendFilm events and film screenings for purposes of cultivating new donors.
- Follow-up with current supporters following events and screenings to thank them and request feedback.
- Working closely with Operations Manager, manage the sponsor, member and major donor CRM to track activity.
- Add new donor prospects to donor CRM to track activity and plan future communications.
- Working closely with Operations Manager, manage all donor benefit deliverables such as advertising, film tickets, festival passes, and special access or arrangements agreed upon.
DONOR ENGAGEMENT EVENT PLANNING AND STRATEGY: (1-4 hours per week)
- Plan and manage at least four (4) fundraising and donor stewardship events, working cooperatively with project leads to reach fundraising goals and objectives.
- Work with BendFilm Director, Staff and Board to target desired attendees and develop lists for program and event invitations.
- Working with BendFilm Director and Board, identify and plan event sponsorships and cultivate sponsorships.
- Provide logistical expertise during the planning and execution of all donor engagement events.
- Create all pre-event, para-event and post-event materials associated with all events (e.g., bulk mail, save the dates, invitations, programs, etc.).
- Working with Director, develop and manage expense and revenue budgets for internal fundraising events and assist as needed for external events.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, agendas and activities.
- Analyze event outcomes to inform strategy for following year.
- Working with BendFilm Operations Manager, manage contracts with vendors and other chapter partners.
MARKETING AND OUTREACH RESPONSIBILITIES (8-10 hours per week and up to 15-20 hours per week leading up to the festival for the right candidate)
- Working closely with Marketing Strategists, design and execute social media posts 3-5 times per week via Strategist’s recommended platforms.
- Write, deliver and follow-up press releases that announce all relevant festival and year-round programming news (10-12 releases per year).
- Working closely with Marketing Strategists, write and design all e-newsletters on a regular basis–approximately (but not limited to) 24 per year.
- Working with BendFilm Staff, Marketing Strategist, website designer, and creative agency, update written and graphic website content as needed.
- Working with BendFilm Director, Marketing Strategist, and creative agency, assist in the development and completion of annual Festival and/or year-round creative design.
- Work with assets provided by creative agency to design all festival and year-round graphic elements for social channels, the website, advertisements and special communications, such as invitations.
- Working with BendFilm Programming team, identify and initiate contact with local and regional partnering organizations or promotional partners to encourage event attendance and participation in special supplemental programs, such as panel discussions and post-screening engagements.
- BA/BS or an equivalent.
- Innovative, creative thinker and self-starter.
- Someone who is self-motivated and can thrive working alone and in a team setting, as well as the ability to interact effectively with staff, volunteers, sponsors, donors and the general public.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays a commitment to excellence and looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ability to organize and implement events.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks efficiently and effectively under deadline while having multiple interruptions.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization.
- Be decisive and capable of timely and effective decision making and deadlines.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency and experienced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of and/or ability to learn new software specifically related to event and donor programs (i.e. Greater Giving, FileMaker, online auctions, Constant Contact, TeamRaiser, Blackbaud, etc.).
- Ability to speak on behalf of BendFilm in front of large and small groups and media via TV, Radio, newspaper, web, etc.
- Proficiency and experience in PR/Communication and Marketing via website and social media publicity.
- Preferred proficiency or basic knowledge of graphic design software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Participation in evening and weekend events required.
Please email a resume to email@example.com along with a letter of interest and three references. Applications will be accepted until July 22, 2018 at 5pm. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Half-time and up to three quarters-time from July through October for the right candidate, 5 days off per year.
- Dependent on experience
- Marketing and/or fundraising: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required) or equivalent experience
- Bend, OR (Required)