Please submit a resume, letter of interest and three references to email@example.com for consideration. Application materials due Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 5pm.
BendFilm Operations Manager
We are seeking a fun, energetic, talented and organizational master to join us in ushering in a New Era here at BendFilm.
BendFilm is a very active non-profit organization that hosts multiple monthly events and film screenings, hosts the annual BendFilm Festival the second weekend of each October, and owns and operates the Tin Pan Theater, a boutique arthouse theater.
To apply, please submit a resume, letter of interest and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Application materials due Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 5pm.
The Operations Manager (“OM”) is supervised by the Executive Director (“ED”) and reports to the ED. The OM provides timely support for all aspects of the organization at the direction of the ED or an individual that the ED designates to oversee a particular aspect of the organization’s activities.
- Work within guidelines set forth in current BendFilm procedures.
- Stay current on BendFilm programs and events.
- Utilize knowledge and understanding of the organization’s mission in all areas.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in all areas of the office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Operations and Office Management:
- Enlist and manage volunteers for all BendFilm events throughout the year and assist festival volunteer manager in enlisting volunteers during the festival season.
- Coordinate with all volunteers prior to an event to ensure that all event staffing and volunteers understand their specific and assumed responsibilities.
- Plan, facilitate and coordinate all BendFilm non-festival events throughout the year, including managing volunteers and coordinating with venues leading the event setup through the event’s takedown.
- Be the first point of contact for the staff at BendFilm’s Tin Pan Theater to troubleshoot problems, manage frequent concessions purchases and send staff payroll hours to the bookkeeper.
- Act as the first point of contact for phones and office visitors, demonstrating a high level of customer service while problem-solving and communicating necessary messages.
- Perform a range of diverse administrative activities for the organization including, but not limited to, processing incoming and outgoing mail and email, maintaining a calendar of BendFilm meetings and events, filing, data entry, and document scanning.
- Manage and work with Bookkeeper to:
- Enter all transactions in Quickbooks to the correct cost and revenue codes and reconcile Quickbooks with the bank account.
- Utilize Quickbooks to invoice vendors for goods and services. Ensure timely payment of invoices through calls and emails.
- Pay all bills and invoices.
- Deposit checks and cash in the bank account.
- Utilize knowledge and understanding of the organization’s mission and strategic plan to create, compose and edit correspondence and documentation including the utilization of current versions of software programs to include, but not limited to, Excel, Word, and Google Docs.
- Assist ED, Marketing & Development Manager (“MDM”), and Head of Festival Programming (“HFP”) in reviewing and editing all correspondence and promotional materials before it goes public.
- In conjunction with ED and MDM, write and distribute Sponsorship agreements.
- Work closely with sponsors to obtain and maintain an inventory of receivable and deliverable cash donations and promotional materials respectively and ensure timely delivery of sponsor receivables prior to the festival and throughout the year.
- Maintain the membership database, incl. track membership expiration and renewals, in BendFilm CRM, Google Sheets, SalesForce or equivalent.
- Provide a detailed and thorough review and edit of all grant applications.
- Collaborate closely with ED, MDM, and HFP to assemble all festival guide content and assist in editing festival guide revisions.
- Oversee all logistics at the Festival HQ leading up to and during the festival–working closely with HQ managers.
- Serve as the primary manager of festival interns during the festival and throughout summer as available.
- Manage all ticket and pass guest lists leading up to and during the festival in order to organize timely delivery of attendee check-in or pick-up.
- Coordinate with ED, MDM, and HFP to set up ticket sales in our on-line system for year-round and festival events.
- Responsible for on-site and online BendFilm merchandise including sales, inventory management, and display.
- Work with Festival Producer to ensure all festival venue bins are properly stocked, organized and disseminated to festival venues.
- Facilitate all pre-festival volunteer and seasonal staff training events.
- Manage office supplies, prepare supply orders and maintain equipment.
- Maintain records and legal documents.
- Lead the management and formatting of the official film submission database and platform management.
- Assist MDM with website administration, management of social media and newsletters – both electronic and print.
- Take minutes at staff, advisory and/or board committee meetings as needed.
- Board of Directors Support
- Assist committee managers with functions of the various committees, including membership, sponsorship, financial, selections, media and volunteers.
- Assisting committee managers may include, but is not limited to, the following functions: researching information, compiling statistics, gathering and computing data, preparing special reports, summaries, replies to inquiries, selecting relevant data from a variety of sources, data entry, preparation and distribution of mail and/or e-mails and scheduling meetings.
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheets and databases and willingness to learn.
- Must excel in a fast-paced environment with many moving parts and pieces.
- Must be comfortable adjusting on the fly to the quickly changing reality of events management.
- Experience editing copy for grants.
- Comfort with Social media postings and systems.
- Preferred prior Quickbooks experience.
- Preferred basic WordPress CMS knowledge.
- Flexibility to attend all non-festival screenings, events and volunteer training sessions throughout the year on any day of the week.
- Comfort with events, personnel and volunteer management experience.
- Requires hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity and the ability to distinguish letters or symbols.
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job as listed.
- May be required to push, pull, lift or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Compensation and Time Requirements
- Salaries position at 30 hours (3/4 time) for 9 months and 40 hours (full-time) for 3 months before through the October Festival.
- Compensation commensurate with experience salaried position starting at $15/hr eqivalent.
- BendFilm is an equal opportunity employer.
BendFilm is an equal opportunity employer.