Win $5,000 to Shoot a Film!
Thanks to a grant from the Roundhouse Foundation, BendFilm is offering a local woman $5,000 to shoot her next film in Central Oregon. The film will also premiere at the 2019 BendFilm Festival!
HOW IT WORKS
All women filmmakers living in Deschutes, Crook, Jefferson, Wasco, Wheeler, Lake or Klamath Counties are eligible to apply for the grant barring that their film project is shot in Central Oregon.
- Submit a complete project application (here) about your film by August 19, 2018. Application guidelines:
- Director of the film must be a woman.
- Either woman director or woman producer of the film must currently reside in Central Oregon or will be residing in the region by January 1, 2019.
- The film must be shot in Deschutes, Crook, Jefferson, Harney, Wasco, Wheeler, Lake or Klamath Counties, Oregon.
- The film can be a narrative or documentary of any length. However, the applicant must prove that the remaining production funds are secured and that the completion deadline can be met.
- The film must have a completion deadline of July 1, 2019.
- The project must credit the Roundhouse Foundation and BendFilm as Executive Producers.
- The project must include all $50+ Seed&Spark contributors in the “Thank You” credits.
- The film must be available to World Premiere at the 16th Annual BendFilm Festival, October 10-13, 2019.
- Application deadline: August 19, 2018, at 11:59 pm.
- Applications will be evaluated starting on August 20, 2018.
- Finalists will be notified by August 27, 2018.
- The $5,000 grant will be awarded on September 3, 2018.
- The film must have a completion deadline of August 1, 2019.
- Premiere at the 16th Annual BendFilm Festival, October 10-13, 2019.
Are there any limitations on how grant funds can be spent?
Yes. The film must be directed by a woman. The producer or director must reside in Deschutes, Crook, Jefferson, Wasco, Wheeler, Lake or Klamath Counties by January 1, 2019 and the film must be primarily shot in one (or any) of the aforementioned Central Oregon counties.
Can the funds be used on projects with larger budgets than $5,000?
Yes, but you have to prove that all additional funds have already been secured.
Can this film be already shot and/or partially edited?
Yes, but the burden of proof will be difficult in order to prove you need finishing funds for the $5,000 grant amount and how it will be spent.
Can actors or subjects be from outside of Central Oregon?
How will applications be evaluated?
A team made up of BendFilm staff, Board Members and two (2) local filmmakers will evaluate the proposals for artistic merit and ensure all minimum requirements are met. Due to the volume of applications we are not able to provide specific feedback on projects that are not selected.