Win $5,000 to Shoot a Commissioned Film!
BendFilm will be offering a local woman $5,000 to shoot a special, short documentary about Pamela Hulse Andrews. The film will premiere during Bend Women’s March 2020.
HOW IT WORKS
All women filmmakers living in Deschutes, Crook, Jefferson, Wasco, Wheeler, Lake or Klamath Counties are eligible to apply for the production grant.
- Submit a proposal (details coming soon) by September 15, 2019. Eligibility guidelines:
- Director of the film must be a woman.
- Either woman director or woman producer of the film must currently reside in Central Oregon or will be residing in the region by January 1, 2019.
- The film must follow the rough treatment that will be provided in the official RFP.
- The film must have a completion deadline of February 15, 2020.
- The project must credit the Oregon Film Office and BendFilm as Executive Producers.
- The project must include all $50+ Seed&Spark contributors in the “Thank You” credits.
- The film must be available to World Premiere during BendFilm’s month-long programming celebrating Bend Women’s March, 2020.
- Application deadline: September 30, 2019, at 11:59 pm.
- Finalists will be notified by October 4, 2019.
- The $5,000 grant will be awarded on October 10, 2019 at the 16th Annual BendFilm Festival.
- The film must have a completion deadline of February 22, 2020.
Are there any limitations on how grant funds can be spent?
Yes. The film must be directed by a woman. The producer or director must reside in Deschutes, Crook, Jefferson, Wasco, Wheeler, Lake or Klamath Counties by January 1, 2019 and the film must be primarily shot in one (or any) of the aforementioned Central Oregon counties.
How will applications be evaluated?
A team made up of BendFilm staff, Board Members and two (2) local filmmakers will evaluate the proposals for artistic merit and ensure all minimum requirements are met. Due to the volume of applications we are not able to provide specific feedback on projects that are not selected.