If you are interested in participating in the 2019 BendFilm Future Filmmakers, please fill out the form below to express your intention to submit. Click here for more information on Future Filmmakers.
Submissions Due September 18, 2019!
Send Submissions to:
Electronic files to:
Thumb drive submissions to:
1000 NW Wall St., Suite #240
Bend, OR 97703
Details & Submission Requirements:
- Students in the 5th through 12th grades are encouraged to enter a short film they write, shoot, direct and edit to this year’s event.
- There will be a selections team to determine what films make it into this year’s program during the BendFilm festival. A five-member jury will select a $100 winner from the Central Oregon submissions and the audience will also vote for a separate $100 winner.
- All submissions will receive written feedback by film and video professionals to provide critical feedback of their work to help mentor them in their craft.
- No processing fee is required to enter and donations and BendFilm memberships are always greatly appreciated.
- Film Requirements
- All videos must run between 1 and 5 minutes. The shorter the better.
- All music used must be original, officially licensed, or in the public domain.
- BendFilm will set the final program according to screeners’ official evaluation and not every film submitted may screen.
- Students in the Bend-LaPine, Redmond and Jefferson County school districts have programming priority.
- The screening audience will include very young children. Films with violence or harsh language will most likely not screen.
*Filmmakers are responsible for providing a high resolution file for their screening.