Marketing and Creative Content Coordinator
BendFilm is seeking the perfect person to join our fun, vibrant, creative, and hard-working team!
BendFilm is an independent Oregon film festival in the truest sense–rugged, brilliant, daring, adventurous, fun and engaging. Located in the wondrous mountain town of Bend, OR, we have been showcasing some of the best independent films in the Pacific Northwest and beyond for 15 years. BendFilm is an imaginative and thought-provoking film festival that should not be overlooked–it is intimate, allowing you immediate access to the next best filmmaker. If you are an indie film advocate or are just looking for a one-of-a-kind experience, our festival in Bend, Oregon is well worth the visit. For this one weekend each year our small community welcomes and showcases the world!
Bend Oregon is a culture-loving community that shares your passion for the creative arts. It is no wonder that over one thousand films get submitted to our festival every year. We host a wide variety of film genres that cover just about every topic imaginable. Our festival is hosted in a number of local theaters including a historic movie theater downtown, a state-of-the-art cinema, inside a craft brewery, a chic performance venue and BendFilm’s very own year-round cinema, the Tin PAN Theater!
BendFilm just celebrated its 17th year with a virtual and Drive-in Festival and there is so much more that we want to do!
The Marketing and Creative Content Coordinator will support a wide variety of digital communications, marketing communications, and design projects. Working closely and reporting to the Communications and Development Manager, this position will lend valuable support on the implementation of brand and digital presence, maintaining a consistent voice on social media, outreach to press and like-minded partners, and produce event and programming marketing communication materials to drive new memberships, event attendees, and community awareness.
- Work within guidelines set forth in current BendFilm procedures.
- Commitment to racial equity
- Stay current on BendFilm programs and events.
- Utilize knowledge and understanding of the organization’s mission in all areas.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in all areas of the office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Integral in the content development and programming promotion, including (yet not limited to) BendFilm’s programming, calendar of events, Tin Pan screenings, and industry news.
- Assist with the development of various written materials including website content, email marketing, press releases, event, and member correspondence
- Publish events on BendFilm’s website (WordPress) and and ticketing platform (Eventive)
- Coordinate audience and member communications and maintain distribution lists utilizing email marketing software (Mailchimp)
- Maintain consistent presence (3-5 posts per week) on social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in collaboration with Communications and Development Manager, including Community Management to grow audiences and followers.
- Manage social boosting media strategy.
- Support planning and coordination of digital and/or live events
- Prepare presentations (Google Slides or PowerPoint) as needed
- Support BendFilm Executive Director, Operations Manager and Communications and Development Manager on general organization needs.
- Actively follow, track, and stay current on industry news/issues that impact the work and mission of BendFilm
- Preferred candidate will have graphic design skills that include designing visual concepts in collaboration with BendFilm agency to create assets for social media, website, flyers, posters, e-newsletter and other graphic needs.
Work Schedule and Compensation:
- Non-exempt, 20-25 hour / week staff position.
- $20 – 25 / hour based on experience.
- All 20+ hour per week staff eligible for paid time off for holidays, vacation days and health care benefits.
- Strong knowledge of all social media platforms.
- Excellent ability to write for various channels and platforms with a consistent voice
- Experience with digital marketing tools such as Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Zoom; WordPress experience a plus
- Experience producing digital content and creative assets
- Experience gathering and creating content for social media; experience supporting social media campaigns a plus
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office and Google Drive with a strong knowledge of spreadsheets and databases and willingness to learn.Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Requires hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity and the ability to distinguish letters or symbols.
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job as listed.
- May be required to push, pull, lift or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
BendFilm is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Posting Closes: November 30, 2020
- Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please email email@example.com with questions; no phone calls.